Sunday 2 August 2009

Those Mysterious Phone calls

These are my solutions to the mysterious calls. Please do Remember they are my solutions. You may not agree with them at all. Tomorrow I will be tackling how to get that subtle revenge on your partner when he takes you for granted too much, or he doesn't show you enough attention.


He gets a lot of mysterious phone calls
Why? Why is your man getting mysterious phone calls? Why have you allowed your relationship to become like this? It is so rude for your man/husband/partner, to have phone calls, which you know nothing about. You don’t even know the person he is talking to. He walks out of the room when the phone rings. You should know who he is talking to. Even if it’s a business call you should know about it.
I’m not saying that you shouldn't talk in private. We all do at times. Sometimes when my phone rings, I walk away from my husband as I’m having a girlie chat with one of my sisters or my friends but he always knows who, I am talking to. He just doesn't have to know what the conversation is about all the time. He does the same to me too. We don’t do it often, but it happens. Any one in a relationship that has a partner who has many secret calls, texts etc, then you really need to question your relationship. Why all the secrecy. The only solution to this is you need to ask yourself, “ Do I really want this?”
No one deserves to be in a relationship where there are many many secrets. You are not a doormat. You need to have more respect for yourself. Its obvious there is something going on. Whatever it is, you don’t know about it. How many secrets can you stand? How many years do you want to wonder what is going on? This is your call. Is this what you want for yourself? Is this all you deserve.
Time to confront him about those calls. Get to the bottom of it. You need to let him know how rude it is, for you to both be in the same environment and he gets calls and you have no idea who and why they are calling. He either needs to stop taking the calls, turn the phone off, or stop being so secretive about it all. He needs to let you into his life a bit more.
When confronting him, again you have to coax him like a baby! Maybe you could approach him like this:
“Darling I'm distressed, I’m starting to feel really useless. I know you don’t mean to do the things that you do, but you are affecting me in a really bad way. I believe in my heart that you love me, but then, sometimes I have to question it. Does he really love me? Should I leave and start my life again?”
At this point he may want to jump in with his own words. Don’t allow him. You need to finish what you are saying first. Ask him nicely to allow you to get these things off your chest.
“Darling you get a lot of phone calls, which you take in secret. I don’t know what you are talking about, or who to, for all I know you could have another lover, or you could be planning a get out clause. It makes me feel like rubbish when you leave me there like nothing, whilst you take your calls in private. I have been putting up with it for a long time. At first it didn’t affect me, but its been going on for so long now and I cant take it anymore. I really feel awful about it. I'm not saying you shouldn't have your calls darling, I'm just saying, I think you need to take my feelings into consideration when making these calls, or taking these calls. I should know some of what is going on in your life”
Wait for his reaction, and then you should know how to take it from there. If you can reach a compromise then at least it’s a start. Ask him to turn his phone off at a certain time. Start there.

2 comments:

Samuel said...

Hello, :)

First up I agree that men (or women) shouldn't have secrets in relationships... but it would take a rather consistent and blatant bout of phonecalls for my suspicions to really be aroused in this situation. Before all this, trusting your partner should mean that not knowing who every phonecall is from shouldn’t even be an issue in the first place.

I do like how you phrased how to speak to your partner if the situation did warrant it though, describing it all through personal feelings rather than a blatant accusation... although I would possibly recommend leaving out the part about another lover as even bringing up the point shows a wealth of insecurity.

I understand this blog is aimed at women in relationships and I am a man but I’m enjoying reading it so I hope you don’t mind me commenting. :)

Sam x
http://sparklife.info

Angela Walters-Kitone said...

Thanks for your comments. I dont mind at all you leaving your comments here.

You are right, it would have to take a lot of mysterious phone calls to arouse anyones suspicions as the trust is a major factor in any relationship.

I have seen some crazy things in the past!