Thursday 30 July 2009

We are worth more than a cheat!

I have received a few comments regarding, women who go back to men who cheat. The comments all make sense. One woman said that she just wasn't ready to leave the man. Now I can understand that. You do need to be ready, both mentally and emotionally but it has to be done. No one really wants to stay with a cheat. It only destroys your inner soul, it makes you feel worthless and your not. No woman is worthless, its how we are made to feel. If we don't know any better then we will just continue to do the things we are used to doing. Habits, that's what they are and that's all they are. Habits can be changed. As with anything in life we have to want to change.

If a man cheats on you the once and you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, I can understand that. Although I'm not too sure how my reaction would be if it happened to me. If you are in a relationship where the man is a continuous cheat then you really need to question your relationship. Why are you still with him? Ask yourself that question and be honest. Is it fear of being alone? Fear of being a single parent? Do you believe that's the best you can do? Do you love him more than you love yourself?

The reason I ask do you love him more than yourself is because many women say they stay because they love him! Yes I can understand love. Is love abusive? no I don't believe it is. It can be but we need to nip it in the bud immediately. No one wants to be in a abusive relationship.

Staying with someone who cheats is a choice its a choice to be abused. That may sound harsh but its the truth. You choose to stay in that relationship, you chose to stay with that partner. The good thing is, you can also choose when to leave. I understand that you need to feel strong within yourself before you can leave. You have to make yourself stronger. No one can do this for you but you. You have to make that decision to move on and move on for good. Find help in other places. Places different from the ones you may have been using in the past. Ie: friends and family. Yes their advice will be good for you as most of them will give you an un bias opinion. Read self help books if you don't already, I believe that's a good place to start. Start somewhere, where you can learn more about who you are. "Act like a woman Think like a man" written by steve Harvey. This is a book which was given as a referral from someone who left a comment. The title says it all!

Stop telling yourself negative things about yourself, its all a lie. The more negative you are about yourself the more you are going to believe it. What do you tell yourself when he cheats? do you say "oh he doesn't love me, I'm not good enough for him, I'm too fat, I'm too ugly" Do you tell yourself things like "I cant raise the children on my own". Think about those things that you say to yourself. The things we tell ourselves, make us behave in that way. If you were to tell yourself, "I'm far too good for this, I'm worth more than this, I know there is better out there for me, a real caring loving man would be happy to have me and my children" If you told yourself the latter, you would act as you think.

We must be careful how we speak to ourselves. We are worth more than a cheat!

4 comments:

Samuel said...

Great advice about using self-talk to really diagnose what we really want and you’re right, people should be true to themselves as to whether to stay in an unfaithful relationship or not.

However, I don't believe anyone, male or female is predisposed to cheat. I wrote an article recently about how cheating is a symptom rather than a problem (it’s in the ‘best of’ section of my website if anyone wants to check it out) and it’s a saddening fact that it’s often the same person who gets cheated on in different relationships. What I’m saying is, a little bit of analysing as to WHY a partner cheats rather than just blindly accepting it either way is important to move on satisfactorily.

Nice post,

Sam x
http://sparklife.info

Angela Walters-Kitone said...

Your correct. There are always reasons as to why someone cheats. The most saddening thing for me, are those who stay in those relationships, when their partners are consistent cheats.

I will be checking out your site.

Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous said...

fabulous..my last boyfriend ( who said he wanted to marry me and have children with me )cheated on me when i went away for a yoga retreat. he dropped me suddenly without letting me know coz he had someone else then phoned me after 4 months wanting me back ..i said see how it goes and didnt go back to the relationship but said lets be friends and see..to see how he treated me..then found out a month or so later he had another 3 women on the go too.. it is far better to be on your own than suffer at the hands of someone who doesnt honour you..the bloke before him also was secretive and wierd and constantly put me down..i am working on my self now and know i will meet a fantastic man who will love honour and respect me..this is important you must absolutely believe you deserve to be totally loved and honoured for who you are..dont settle for less and dont blame the man or woman..change how you think and feel about youself and the right person for the job will turn up definately

Angela Walters-Kitone said...

Love the fact that you are now concentrating on yourself. Its great to hear when that you have not made this turn you negative towards men. You have taken the whole experience to concentrate on yourself, which is very important.

Good luck. Mr Right is drawing close.