Sunday 14 February 2010

Valentines Day

Don't stress, yes it's officially the most romantic day of the year.  Great so lets all divert our attentions to this day and have romance! Yes have the romance for the day but lets have it everyday, not just on Valentines day.  Valentines day can end up like xmas day if your not careful.  You can go and overspend.  I believe if you are normally romantic with your partner then you don't have to go all out on "Valentines Day".

My husband and I are generally romantic towards each other.  Yes we will make sure that we do something different on that day only because it is "Valentines Day".  I love romance but I wont be forced into the consumer part of it.  My husband and I will do what we want to do.  I refuse to spend a romantic night in a hotel for the double the price.  We do that anyway for half the cost on a normal night.  Like I said I love romance, but when we say not when the world says it has to be.

Our Valentines night will be spent eating a pizza in the car with a small bottle of champagne somewhere usually by a beech or the country, with some nice smooth music.  We find this very romantic. So if you don't buy into the whole over spending on Valentines day then do something simple.  This is my choice by the way. Personally our anniversaries are more special to me as those are our days and not the worlds.

If you don't have a valentine just plan for one for next year.  Think about how you want them to look, act and treat you.  Sleep with that on your mind, think about it during the day.  Keep doing this for at least 31 days.  Eventually they will appear.

Happy Valentine.

x

No comments: