Monday 30 November 2009

So Your having a baby

Having a baby is a great thing in a relationship. Having a baby is joyous.  I would love to talk about having a fantastic experience being pregnant and with the partner, but unfortunately, I have not had that experience as I was a single mother.  What I do know is being alone and pregnant is one of the worse feelings ever.  Im not going to focus on being alone and pregnant, what I am going to do is talk about how great it is to have someone whilst you are pregnant, and how wonderful it is to have someone feel when your baby is moving around inside of you, going along to those scans and seeing your baby for the first time together.  I know how wonderful that must be as I imagined those things for years.

Another thing about being pregnant and having a baby, is all the things you are about to learn about babies, all the new things the old things.  Things from what your own parents told you.  There are some things we learn by default, some things we don't have any idea about.  Being pregnant and having babies is a very emotional thing.  We need to have as much support as we possibly can from our loved ones especially.  Our hormones will be all over the place we will even get our partner upset with us at times. He will not always be as understanding as you need him to be, as he is not aware of all the changes going on inside.

Going into labour is another experience all together.  We go to all the antenatal classes with all the advice on what to do, the next thing you know you are out of control once you do go into labour.  when the baby is born, raising the baby into a child and then an adult is another story.

Being pregnant I believe we must enjoy it with our partner, we need to cherish every moment we can.  Get all the attention possible and be spoilt by him as much as possible.  I was very young when I had my children but I do know how great it feels to be spoilt by anyone, so to be spoilt by your partner/husband whilst you are pregnant would be fantastic.

Enjoy every moment of it. Put your feet up rest, be nice to your partner so he can be as understanding as you need him to be so you can get spoilt more. Let him enjoy those moments with you too.  I know it can be hard at times as we feel upset and emotional during our pregnancy at times, but allow him to be as supportive as he wants to be and as supportive as he can be.  Let him take over with many things, enjoy your pregnancy you deserve to.

No comments: